Sunday, October 01, 2006
due to insistent public demand
Of course, my obsession with House doesn't end in watching episodes or videos.Yes, as my friends have requested a long long time ago,
and I don't need to name drop, here is a fan fiction about
Dr. Robert Chase and his past, coming back to haunt him...Author's Note: Sadly, this has no title as of yet. I'm open to suggestions anyway. *wink*********
It was the day before Chase's birthday when the diagnostic team of the Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital finished the most recent case they had tackled very carefully. After three agonizing days, the team finally found themselves resting in their headquarters. Chase, on the other hand, couldn't repose his own mind; all the while, he was thinking of a certain moment that took place during one of his birthdays: a day just like tomorrow, but not quite. Well, at least for him.
She giggled, "Don't be silly! It's your birthday for crying out loud!"
He looked at her in hesitation, while she excitedly gave him her present. "Come on, open it!"
"But...you shouldn't have," he said almost shyly.
"You didn't change, did you,
Robert?" she scoffed, still grinning widely. "Since the day I met you, you've been like this: a sweet yet quiet kind of guy. Two and a half years, Robert! You're still ambitious, intelligent, decent, funny and very caring..."
He didn't know what to say. Instead, he just opened her gift of a not-so-small size; it was a silver frame, which had the picture of the two of them smiling and the words "
Andy & Robert" carved on it.
"Wow," he finally smiled, showing her the frame. "This is the best present I've ever had."
"I knew you'd like it," she said, becoming teary-eyed already. "I know what you've been through before
us and...I obviously don't want you to feel the same now that we're together."
He didn't say anything, but at this very moment he had known exactly what to say. Rather, he hugged her closely, as a silent tear came running down his cheek.
"I love you," she said, sniffing.
"Hey, Chase!" Foreman almost shouted, waving his hand before Chase's face. Apparently his little day dream was interrupted. "It's your birthday tomorrow, right? So, will you have a party?"
Before Chase could answer, House had just popped his pills and impolitely answered for him, "He won't. He is suffering from hallucinations and he can't handle a party if he's having them."
Chase gave House an almost piercing look. Meanwhile, Cameron, being a nice girl that she was, defended her colleague. "You're not funny. I think he's just pondering about his birthday tomorrow, weren't you?"
"Yeah, like it needs pondering," House commented, standing up and walking his way out of the room.
"Don't worry, Chase, he's just in a very bad mood."
"
Bad mood?" Foreman reacted. "So he had never been in a good mood his entire life?"
Cameron laughed quietly, while Chase just smiled. He just couldn't help but remember the best birthday he had his whole life.
********
So what do you think? Was it a good start?
(Sorry for being conscious about it; it's the first time somebody else will be reading it.)********
Okay, another one...I'm thinking, how's this for a fan fiction?
Elle's Revenge (Summary):When Elle, Chase's ex-girlfriend, finally comes to her senses and decides to take revenge for leaving her with no apparent reason, she discovers that an uncanny doctor and well-known diagnostician, Dr. Gregory House, is his boss at the Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. She plans to get House attracted to her so that Chase will feel regretful and jealous at the same time, just by faking she has an illness. But what if her plan backfires and she actually falls for the older doctor?
"I'm glad I met you" @ 10:41 PM |