Saturday, November 25, 2006
fan fic trends and hanging stories
*SIGH* I have a confession to make.
I'm in the midst of my literary writing career. And I could mean it in either a good or bad way; I don't really know. It's like I'm lost in my own world of love stories and love fantasies. Ahahaha, I'm such a sucker.
*******
As I surveyed into my files of "hanging" fan fictions and/or stories, I think I've seen a common trend lately. I'll try to expose some of them here. (Why? Wala lang, trip ko lang. Hehe.)
(In chronological order. Almost, at least.)
Fan Fiction # 1
- of a teenage show
- is focused on teenage love (yes, all that first love-slash-puppy love crap)
- and on the never-ending twist of girl-guy best friend love (one-sided, unfortunately)
- yet, there's also the almost-perfect new girl as an antagonist, apparently toying with my protagonist
- is planned as done, but only reached chapter 8
Fan Fiction # 2
- of a popular singing contest (very easy clue =p)
- of a contestant who had a very popular and controversial issue with another contestant (sooo darn easy!)
- had a common trend with other fanfics of the same pairing/s
- is also planned as done, but never really started it
Fan Fiction # 3
- of another singing contest
- but one of the protagonists is my fictional creation
- yet another girl-guy best friend love, and only one-sided, as usual
- still working on the plans alone (believe it or not! xD)
Fan Fiction # 4
- of a not-popular-but-nevertheless-nostalgic live-action series
- oddly, my favorite character (and obviously the protagonist) was actually a villain on the show
- the love-interest is, once again, a product of my twisted mind
- about a girl who doesn't want to fall in love again, and therefore shuts every possibility of having an intimate relationship with anyone (although she's not becoming a hard-core feminist =p)
- still planning!
Fan Fiction # 5
- of various TV shows (mostly popular teen series and sitcoms)
- the only one of its kind in my book (crossover fan fiction)
- is centered on high school life
- already started writing it (kahit papano!), but I stopped for awhile
Commercial: If you're thinking this is already waaaaaaay too many, think again. Yeah, that's just what I'm trying to tell you.
Fan Fiction # 6
- of a TV show (a bit of reality type)
- the longest and most complicated one I've ever written: 40 chapters and lots of love twists (best friend love, past love, a pretend relationship that turns to true love, and a grim theme of betrayal)
- the female protagonist is my creation (yet again...)
- although it's already 40 chapters, I'm still halfway there
Fan Fiction # 7
- of a very, very, very popular sitcom
- and strangely, it is focused on a non-regular character and a made-up one
- tackles a very sensitive social issue (that's why I'm hesitating a bit about this one)
- planning...
Fan Fiction # 8 (in fairness, my favorite number!)
- of a drama series, and just to give you an idea, it's my most favorite show =p
- one of my longer fics, I believe
- about a character of the show and the love interest, which I made up, and they're dealing with their past; the so-called third party is also my creation
- probably one of the saddest ones I've tried to write, but it has no ending yet, which means I'm still writing it
Fan Fiction # 9
- of the same show in # 8
- of a pairing in the show that I really, truly adore and wish to happen in the series itself
- light-hearted and funny (I think) compared to the previous one
- another one of those wrong-set-up-turned-out-to-be-right-after-all kind of love stories
- a major character helps the couple to be together, in many ways unthinkable
- still drafting some parts
Fan Fiction # 10
- of still the same show in #s 8 and 9
- almost the same storyline as the one in # 8, but with a whole new focus; another made-up character with a main partner (new one and a major character), but still deals with the past love with another character of the show (same as before, however I'm not too in favor of this character anymore)
- different in a way that I've tried to make it more like the one in # 9, light-hearted and funny, instead of being incredibly sad
- the most active story in the pack as of the moment
And lastly...
Fan Fiction # 11
- of a famous comedy show
- perhaps my most favorite, and yet the saddest and the hardest story I ever came up with (ironic, isn't it?)
- about an extreme case of unrequited love imaginable, where the person you love knows you exist and knows exactly just how you feel, but because of the past, refuses to deal with the subject anymore
- the characters are extreme opposites too: the guy's a player, the gal's a hopeless romantic trying to find her true love (I guess by now you know who loves whom. =p)
- writing...
********
It is plenty, but you know what? There are two other things (a very famous movie and a pretty popular series for the young-at-heart) that I attempted to write about, but lacked the courage to do so since I'm not really all too familiar with them. But if I am... ;p
"I'm glad I met you" @ 2:06 AM |