Saturday, February 03, 2007
my fever is coming back
At this very exact moment, I'm into the sixth hour of indulging myself in videos and videos of my two most favorite idols of all time. And by 'idol', I mean the contestants-slash-winners of the very popular Idol. Before I tell everyone who they are, let me just explain something.
You noticed I just wrote Idol; I didn't specify it, meaning it's not limited to just the American Idol. I have a favorite on the other Idol, as well, from the Canadian Idol. Yes, even though that show isn't actually shown in my country, my curiosity led me into discovering a winner from years ago.
And you know what was common between them?
A definite fan and crowd favorite. So, who are they, for real?
Firstly, Clay Aiken of American Idol 2. I don't exactly know how I knew about him, maybe from various news and cable channels out there proclaiming the winner and the runner-up of AI2 back in 2003. But I remember being fond of him for the first time when I watched his guesting on AI3, you know, Jasmine Trias? Yeah, and since then, I tried to find things about him and whatnot, without even having watched season 2.
And honestly, I don't know how I came up to this: being in love with every song he sings, because, you have to admit, (aside from the incredibly powerful voice...) he can make songs his own just by bringing his own style into them. He makes them unique, somehow. Anyways, and that's how unknowingly I became a Clay Aiken fan. And as I've said, I didn't even watch any of the shows from the second season, but poof! Here I am, swooning over his songs and various videos. (Perhaps now I already am aware of why people wanted him to be the American Idol.) I actually have "Measure of a Man", and geez, couldn't help but love it.
Just like any other 'thing' I've had (hahaha), I didn't realize Clay had gone to the back of my mind, as clearly I have encountered so many obsessions, things that have completely occupied my thoughts; and therefore, I hadn't seen much of him, aside from his appearances on American Idol last year. But these past few weeks, when I was browsing my iPod because of boredom, I saw his name and remembered all the songs in his album that made me what I am. Upon hearing "The Way" again, I remembered what I used to feel whenever I hear his voice: swooning until I couldn't take it anymore, or until someone forced me to stop being an oblivious fool.
And so, here I am again, browsing
YouTube for bits of him, whether of the past or present.
Oh, and if you're asking about his audition? Yes, I thought he looked really geeky there, as well. But nothing could really top that voice. And look at him now. Look at him!
Secondly, Kalan Porter. Again, from a second season, but this time from Canadian Idol. I discovered him in an Idol forum two years ago. I would often see his name or picture in a signature or avatar of a forum member while reading topics about American Idol 4. Because I am naturally a curious fool (Yes, I love describing myself that way, just now.), I couldn't help but see for myself who this Kalan the winner they talk of was. I began seeing pictures of him, and yes, just like Clay Aiken, Kalan had this charms that seemed no one else had. Right then and there I convinced myself to further discover things about him, especially his talent.
And so, I found a site that featured his performances in Idol, and his voice was nothing I had expected. It was, as most described, a rock star quality of the voice, rich and deep at the same time. To tell you the truth, I was never fond of guys who had lower tones of the voice, but Kalan made me break that rule, and paved the way for other guys I knew who had deeper singing voices (hahaha). I've been a fan since then. And just like Clay (again), Kalan for me is truly a one of a kind performer, who can sing anything from ballads to rock songs, without any trouble.
And I'm looking for his videos in YouTube right now also.
But if to choose one, and to be really honest, I am more of a Clay Aiken fan, really.
"I'm glad I met you" @ 1:26 AM |