Tuesday, April 10, 2007
OMG. do i see a pattern here?
First of all, HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE! =)I'm here again, Ms. I'm-going-to-scare-you-off-with-my-weirdness-and-my-weird-obsessions. Isn't it enough that nobody is ever going to be interested in reading this kind of posts? Well obviously, it isn't. Sometimes I do have to release all these sorts of feelings I've been having.
And to move along (WHY THE HELL AM I SAYING THIS IN MY HEAD IN AN
ENGLISH ACCENT?!?)...
By the way, I know the answer to that question:
TOO MUCH DOCTOR WHO.
And to move along once more...
Let me just say first and foremost that I will not be mentioning any names as this post "develops" as much as possible (AMAP? Forgive me for the sudden insanity-related outbursts), and that you can ask me who they are anyways, browbeat me even.
I remember, upon telling a friend of mine about my two biggest celebrity crushes at the moment (Johnny Depp aside...heehee.), she noticed that they looked alike. Of course, not until she pointed that out, I never would've known myself. Since then I have been seeing other similarities between the two of them despite being born seven years, seven months and twelve days apart and living thousands of miles apart. If you're thinking about that, yes, it's exactly that.
So, what have I come up with? Well... this.
Similarity # 1: They are self-confessed geeks.
One is obviously a geek, I mean who wouldn't think of that when one would see him before he became famous?! I know everyone did. And that fact isn't denied by the man himself, he even said that "I represent the nerds" or something to that level. He's proud to be one, actually.
The other's kind of the subtle type, but some can see that geekiness within. (I did.) Also, I believe he's often addressed that "title". Although not directly (not even confirmed), he didn't exactly think he'd be "not-a-nerd" type of person. And his actions tell that so, as well. Nonetheless, I will expand on this subject anyways. Bleh.
Similarity # 2: They wear glasses occasionally.Really now (
English accent...), if one would think of this person as a geek at one look, then of course he wore glasses during that moment, right? He got rid of that during his rising period, but after that, he quickly brought them back (still on occasion) to, as he said, let people think he was smart enough. Oh please, like it needed proving. Now, he wears them when he's too lazy to wear contact lenses, albeit it was very seldom.
I was actually doubting a few minutes before I started this number when I suddenly remembered that the other one does wear glasses occasionally; I saw him do so in an interview one time. So yeah, I was right. He does wear glasses, but very rarely. And by rarely, I mean only one freakin' time. Oh, during one project, he wore glasses for far-sighted people, although I doubted it was real. For now, I still don't know if it is real glasses.
EDIT: Now, I confirm that the other one does wear glasses. I saw him more than five times do so, and it's the same glasses every time. So yeah, two geeks who both wear glasses. Cool, huh?Similarity # 3: They are often surprised that anyone ever finds them "sexy".Yup, that's very true. Being celebrities as they are, surely many people feel admiration for them, and I think that's what they find normal. What they don't, however, is that many people (*cough*girls*cough*) find them gorgeous and sexy.
One even said that he doesn't get what these ladies see in him (Ask me, Mister. Haha.), for he had stated many times that he's as normal as everybody else. Well, I think if everybody else had that charm then that's the time he'd be normal. Although, I'm a bit curious why he called "it" a phenomenon. Hmm, I'll answer that. He's smart enough (See?) to know that it's all true. Arrogant yet true. Yes, that's reality.
Enough of the seriousness (and deducing quite a lot
...English accent), now the other described himself as a "skinny gawky freak boy". (Not as close as being a geek, but getting there, I think.) And if he's thought of himself as that, then of course he doesn't think he's sexy as well. He's skinny, sure, and for me gawky's good (To quote
Colin about
Ryan: "He's kinda charming in a gawky way, isn't he?"), so what the hell is wrong with that?
For all I know, they're gawkily attractive and that's what makes them unique. Period.
Similarity # 6: They both stand 6'1".Could be a ridiculous coincidence, but I believe it's true. It is a common thing for a celebrity to be known by even how high they stand, so that's the way I've learned both their heights. When I first learned the other one's height, I was very surprised for I knew the first one also stand that high. (Very un-vividly described, I know, but remember I don't want to reveal who they are.) It's an itty bitty thing, but yes, similarities are similarities, and this...it's a pretty good coincidence.
Similarity # 7: The freckles!Yes, even pathetic little me have known this fact, just by looking at their close-up pictures.
One is pretty annoyed by this little things (He even told his make-up artist to cover them up.), although either many just don't notice it (like I did until someone actually mentioned it) or they just don't talk about it that often. It is evident on his childhood photos though. (I know, shame on me.)
The other one's not that obvious as well, but when I saw a photo one time, omigosh. He has them! When I did, I was, again, surprised because I knew it's the same with the other person. OMG, really.
Similarity # 8: They have expressive faces.Of course, fans of both men have noticed this, and so have I. And dude, I have to point this one out because I believe (
...opinion...) that most men do not have this, as they do not like to express themselves, more importantly their emotions.
Let me put it this way. This one is NOT, and I repeat NOT, afraid to show emotions. If he's surprised, annoyed or simply freaked out, he will show it to you. Yes, I wrote SHOW, not tell. (Puns, anyone?) He shows it by means of facial expressions and probably exercises all the muscles on his face. Is that a good thing? Of course, the hell it is.
The other one's simply...simple. He does it habitually and naturally (Again, I can't tell you exactly why, but if you know me, you'll know.) and probably can't live without it. The man can do various expressions! And I mean two expressions per second, perhaps. (In short, ask me and I'll explain it further to you. *breathes out*)
Similarity # 9: Accents, anyone?Hmm, I'll keep this short and sweet because I'm, like, on the verge of getting busted! Of course, that's only on my twisted mind, ain't it? (Oh boy.)
One has an obvious, stand-out type of Southern American Accent. The other has a Scottish one; yes, from Scotland, although he does English sometimes.
Similarity # 10: Prominent ears!Hahaha! I'm such a bad fangirl for this. Let's just say they both have not-so-normally-huge ears. And I'll shut up now before someone finds this one out.
Similarity # 11: They both look younger than they actually are.Well, the fact that they're both such goofy guys actually contributes to their youth-looking features. A friend once told me that being funny guys makes themselves younger. Now that explains why these two look young.
At the age of twenty-four, this guy looked very much like a nineteen year old kid. At the age of twenty-seven, he looked like in his early twenties. At first I thought it was a gift that only he had, but then that (*points upward*) made more sense, especially that he's not the only one, apparently.
The other one, well, he's in his thirties now, but what the hell, he looks younger than guys his age! I'm sure he'll pass as a twenty-five year old man. I promise you. I was surprised at first, when I saw his real age, not because it's another similarity, but because he doesn't look like that. Maybe it's another one of God's unexplained mysteries.
Similarity # 12: They are...OMG, born singers!Okay, I'm exaggerating. But both can sing, y'know. (I'll try to explain this, and by doing so, I'm kind of giving away the answers. But not really.)
Similarity # 12.5: They are good at what they do. (I just tried seeing that possibility. Hehe.)Okay, I'll explain everything here, extensively.
One's simply the master of singing. I mean, someone can disagree with me, sure, but no one will prove me wrong on that. Not in front of me. Why? Because there's only three men I admire for singing so freakin' good, and at the same time, I admire them for being themselves, being real people. They're also the only ones I'll allow to be superior to me in singing; but hey, that's just my ego talking. I've already mentioned
the first one.
The other one, although he can sing (Again, I was so surprised to find that out, because that means I really tend to like them who can sing. Darn.), he's the best damn actor I've known, aside from
Johnny Depp of course. Hehe. Maybe his expressive face contributes there, but his flexibility in roles awes me. (Why? Ask me further. Haha.) Oh to be fair, the first guy can act too.
Similarity # 13: Lots of fangirls!I didn't mean this to be on the lucky number. But let me tell ya, the number of these ladies is outrageous. And like me, they try to be as dedicated as they can, almost pushing themselves to the limit. They are certainly a helpful bunch. All I can say is they're too many enough to pay too much attention to these two. They're very lucky guys.
Similarity # 14: CHUCKS!Now, I could just be being silly, and it's not that entirely important, but ever since I've seen
Dr. Gregory House wear them, I've been dying to see other celebrities wear them as well. And fortunately, these two are only the other ones who I've seen wear them damn good lookin' shoes. It's uber cool, y'all.
Similarity # 15: Hair has always been an issue to them (and the fangirls love it!).Okay, I'm telling the truth here. Whether their fans declare how much they want to run through those gorgeous locks or they just show them off because they so know that their hair's gorgeous, it will always be true. Both have changed hairstyles over the years, but their charms always stay the same.
Similarity # 16: Personally, they are intelligent individuals to me.I've learned this through interviews, and how they run their own careers. One's smart enough to be aware that it's not a lifetime thing; fame that is. And he knows that anything can happen that might cause his downfall. But he's not at all worried, because at least he's done what he wanted most in life.
The other, well, I can't say he's said that as well, but being an intelligent actor to me is to be able to choose, and at the same time, to be able to hold his own at that choice. And that's what this guy has become. He's doing what he has always wanted to do, too. Because of that, he's earned respect of others, same as the singer guy mentioned above, albeit still with tough critics, also same as the aforementioned.
They both also have supported various causes and I'm really proud of that. You go guys. =)
"I'm glad I met you" @ 9:47 PM |