Saturday, September 01, 2007
my world doesn't stop wherever i go...
Having another U.S. vacation is indeed another dream come true for me. The United States is where most of the people I admire are living and are being adored by other fanatic and obsessed freaks like me.
And this is where my post title fits into place. I don't think I'll be able to prove and to elaborate extensively on how that exactly fits. Nevertheless, at least I know in myself that it does.
The minute I stepped out of the plane and into the McCarran International Airport, I'd always known that I would have the time of my life compressed on those two short weeks. Had I thought that was short? No, certainly not. The only thought passing through my mind was "I'll be having the time of my life." I was looking forward to exploring the world I always visited in my dreams.
And call me a hypocrite for loving the US so much, but really, I owe it so much of my life right now.
So anyway, upon arriving there, I was excited to finally watch an episode of House and American Idol there with the same pace as the real viewers of these shows, but unfortunately, that night didn't turn out for the best for all of us.
But I tell you, that side of the country, it's so surreal just to be there and feel the atmosphere. I feel like I'm one with the people I admire the most. (Yes, I'm insane. You don't need to tell me that.) Going through Vancouver and Bellingham, WA (only in my dreams, but the plane we rode did pass by there), two of the many places that mean a lot to Ryan and Colin, felt like a dream come true to me. I know that's a bit shallow, but hey, at least it makes me happy. Right?
Oh, to continue, our experience in Las Vegas was one of the best. I finally got to see the LOVE concert, and my God, that was the best celebration of the Beatles' music I have ever seen. The wonderful grace of the dancers helped a lot in telling each of the songs' story. And oh my, the music and the production, everything! It was another dream that come true for me. Only this time, I wasn't the only one who felt that. Hahaha.
Oddly, I heard Wayne Brady was there. (Everybody: Awww...) Yes, it was probably my chance to see one person from one show that made me truly happy (particularly when I was struggling with my school and "love" life. Hahaha) and I didn't know about it until it was only a few days left and we'd be going to California by then. Really, really sad moment there. I guess it wasn't meant to be, YET. Heehee.
So onto California. I wouldn't allow our vacation to end without going to Hollywood. Duh. Hahaha. And again, it was such an incredible experience to be able to go there and see the Kodak Theatre (where the American Idol finals are held), Grauman's Chinese Theatre (where recently the Harry Potter trio put their footprints on), and the famous Walk of Fame. And just when I thought I almost shared the stage with Clay Aiken at the Kodak Theatre (but actually I did. Haha. Only not in the way I thought it had been), I realized that Jimmy Kimmel's talk show was shot there! So yeah, in theory, I have been where Clay has. Stroking the cement walk... XD
Anyway, I saw Johnny Depp's footprints as well. Sooo...yeah. I almost screamed like a fangirl upon seeing that on the cement. And I mean the giddy scream. Pictures? Tell me if you want to see them and I'll gladly show them to you. Harharhar. >:D
Oh yeah, we also went to California Adventure, and we're in the same theatre there that Drew, Ryan, Colin, Chip and Jeff (sorry if I missed out on someone) performed in during their promo tour, or something like that. So again, it was a good feeling to be able to be in the same place as they were, even at least once. (Although I think I realized that one a little too late. Haha) Still. Stroking the stage floor... XD
And finally I got to watch House and American Idol!!! Best AI ever. Two words: Bon Jovi. Wahahaha.
Hmmmm...to be quite honest, I don't remember anything similar to these experiences. Perhaps if I do, I'd reminisce that moment all over again in a whole new post. Oh ha.
Oh well, it has been more than three months already anyway. But certainly, I wouldn't forget that trip, where I did realize how much I was such a fanatic, even more. Yeah. Haha. Oh, if you're wondering, maybe I'm still in sabaw/hyper/bangag/windang mode. Forgive me, please. =D
"I'm glad I met you" @ 10:27 PM |