Sunday, November 04, 2007

of wisdom and experiences


Well, before anything else, let me just say that I hate it when relatives from the States (or from Europe) come home and stay at our house, particularly if I'm still at school. You know why? It's because I always want to hang out with them and to feel like I'm having a vacation too. Boo.

Anyway, did you guys know that I've had a lot of things during the break? If you look at my "DESIRES" section, three lines have been crossed out. Yes, I got them all! Hurrah for me! ^__^

Anyway (again), that's why I'm brooding right now (as I went away from home and into the immense darkness that is my college life) is because my relatives from Washington recently came home. Lolo Pepe, Lola Anding, Ate Malen (since she doesn't want to be called "Tita") and Kuya Brian are currently staying at our house as I type these words (then Tagaytay, then Boracay). It's the first time I've seen Kuya Brian, Ate Malen's husband.

I don't know why, but even if I prefer speaking in English at times, I refuse to speak it when a real American is around. (Yes, Kuya Brian is.) I get shy I guess. Haha, silly me. =P

But just this Sunday morning, when Ate Tin and I were spending the last day of our so-called "vacation" chatting with Ate Malen, her words of advice (that all came from experience) did wonders for me. Not only that she too convincing, but also she made very good points. Let me give you examples:

She thinks that people shouldn't jump right into the "dating exclusively" status, especially if the ones involved are not sure of each other yet. She cleary points that this is the reason why she (still) couldn't understand why Filipinos are so conservative when it comes to this kind of issues. She asserts, as well, that young people should be able to date whomever they want to, without having any committment first. That's why it's called "dating" in the first place. I agree. (And it doesn't matter what your sexual orientation is. To which I wholeheartedly agree also.)

This is also the reason why, during the transition from adolescence to adulthood (20-25 years old), young people tend to not have a stable committment with their partners. The fact that people are still young and aware that they don't want to settle yet, they wouldn't have a firm decision on being truly faithful to their partners. However, she says that commonly this kind of thought will have changed by the time that a person turns 25 years old. Also, the thought of not having a kid will most likely to change at that time as well. You know, just sayin'. Haha. =P

And now, for another topic, studies. Yes, Ate Malen gave us advice since my Ate Tin and I are still in school. She says that college is only the hardest thing, and once you get out of it, everything will be easier. Hopefully that'll happen to us. ;)

Commercial: She told me to finish studies first before having a boyfriend, since neither of us know how would my Inay and my Tatay react if I happen to have one. Well, all I know is that my dad already asked about suitors, and my mom even told be: "Anak, kung magkaka-boyfriend ka, dapat yung mayaman, matalino at gwapo ha." See? =))

Finally, the most interesting thing I've learned, our Tita told us about meeting a partner, particularly if you're a woman and you're finding a man, who should be smarter than you, so that you wouldn't have to work harder than he does, which is actually true when you think about it. And for that, can anyone find a guy smarter than me (with all the qualities that my mom also wants for him to have)? Just kiddin' folks. XD

Well, I've learned a lot from her. And because of that, I still extremely (emphasis please) wish I could go to the States. Even right now. *Sigh*.

"I'm glad I met you" @ 12:18 PM |






"I know you're out there."

I turn back time to relive each moment...
I turn back time to revive each emotion I've felt...
I turn back time to feel the happiness I have sensed some time in my life.

(Best viewed at 1024 x 768 resolution.)

THE ONE

Name: Jessie Age: 31
Writer, dreamer, fangirl.

Fandoms:
Whose Line is it Anyway?, House M.D., Doctor Who, The Office, Psych, Saturday Night Live, The Lonely Island, Community, Criminal Minds, New Girl, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, 嵐 (Arashi), V6, Snow Man, The Backstreet Boys, The Beatles, Game Grumps, Ninja Sex Party, Rooster Teeth, Achievement Hunter and Funhaus, G4TV, Watcher.

Favorites:
Robert Sean Leonard, Hugh Laurie, David Tennant, Jason Mraz, Clay Aiken, Ryan Stiles, Colin Mochrie, Jeff B. Davis, 二宮和也 (Ninomiya Kazunari), Bill Hader, Matthew Gray Gubler, 井ノ原快彦 (Inohara Yoshihiko), 阿部亮平 (Abe Ryohei), 深澤辰哉 (Fukazawa Tatsuya), Danny Sexbang, Jon Risinger, Michael Jones, Lindsay Jones, Fiona Nova and Alfredo Diaz.

OTHER WORLDS

Official accounts:
Twitter: Follow this for official website matters, writing or all Western fandoms, or this for Japanese fandoms (I write in Japanese or English, but mostly English because my Japanese skills suck ass).
Tumblr (main)
Tumblr (Queen/BoRhap)
Twitch
I am also:
taboonalady on Instagram
soulmatesolace on Snapchat

SLEEPLESS NIGHTS

February 2006 | March 2006 | April 2006 | May 2006 | June 2006 | July 2006 | August 2006 | September 2006 | October 2006 | November 2006 | December 2006 | January 2007 | February 2007 | March 2007 | April 2007 | June 2007 | July 2007 | August 2007 | September 2007 | October 2007 | November 2007 | December 2007 | January 2008 | February 2008 | March 2008 | April 2008 | May 2008 | June 2008 | July 2008 | August 2008 | September 2008 | October 2008 | November 2008 | December 2008 | January 2009 | February 2009 | March 2009 | April 2009 | May 2009 | June 2009 | July 2009 | August 2009 | September 2009 | October 2009 | November 2009 | December 2009 | January 2010 | February 2010 | March 2010 | April 2010 | May 2010 | June 2010 | July 2010 | August 2010 | September 2010 | October 2010 | April 2011 | July 2011 | October 2011 | December 2011 | January 2012 | February 2012 | April 2012 | July 2012 | October 2012 | December 2012 | February 2013 | August 2013 | September 2013 | January 2014 | March 2014 | September 2014 | February 2015 | March 2015 | February 2016 | August 2016 | January 2019 | July 2020 | September 2020 | November 2020 | January 2022 |

decipher it to someone
happy birthday john krasinski!
saying i expect too much is bull.
house/wilson forever! wahaha.
brokeback mountain made me cry.
imagine peace
i could only hope
another special day
you are a pushover.
"when you least expect it."

CREATION

Layout Concept:
Urban*Faery's skins
*Faeryvixen's skins*
Blogskins
Image-Hosting:
ImageShack
TinyPic
Brushes:
Miss M
Celestial-Star.net
GIFs:
SpazzCrack comm @ LJ
Last one is made by me. Inocchi ♥

Image by me (See disclaimer)

Powered by Blogger

DISCLAIMER

About the design: Although the brushes used aren't mine, I created the whole thing. The image I mean. So don't steal that. Please.
Credit me if you want to use it.

WHY LOVE FANDOM? ♥

Inocchi's hypnotic dancing~ ♥
Because he's the reason I'm not depressed rn. ♥