Friday, December 14, 2007
back to the old days
Sidenote first: Got a new layout! That's my most favorite one yet. (Maybe because that's what I really feel right now? Eh.) If you would notice (down below is the disclaimer), that's taken from two songs that I CAN VERY WELL RELATE TO. Or at least I'd like to. Ah what the hell.Oh well. What do you know? My second term in college is finally over... except if you still consider the course card distribution as part of the term. I don't. And so my reign of obsessions and fandoms begins once more. It's just like when I was in my last two years of high school; instead of studying and doing assignments upon arriving at home, I was spending 95% of my time watching my favorite TV shows and obsessing over them. I indeed miss those days. *Sigh*
Hence, as soon as I got my butt off of working with my last-minute projects for school, I immediately took out my
House DVDs (all three of them!) out of my backpack and reminisced those times by watching almost endlessly (even with my parents). By the way, my only rest period is when I'm eating and writing (like now). And of course it's also when I'm out of my house.
One of the reasons why I loved the English subject (ENGLCOM) this term is because in that particular course, I was able to explore concepts and issues I wasn't completely knowledgeable of. Come to think of it, I'm not completely knowledgeable of anything. Anyway, issues like the Iraq war and concepts like (my absolute favorite) misanthropy made me learn new things I never thought I would. For example, now I completely understand why
House can be a perfectionist and/or a critic of other people's imperfections. Also, I have exposed my "
Oldies Geek" side when I wrote about
John Lennon's life from the death of his mother up to the marriage to
Yoko Ono.
See how fanatic I am? You've never seen everything of me if you cannot relate to everything I'm saying. Mwahahahaha. *evil grin*
Yesterday, I was channel surfing when I noticed
Frank Whaley (a recent guest star on
House) was a guest star on some other show:
Psych. Yep, it's the same show Sheilah used to tell me about over and over again (back in February, I think). I remember her telling me how good and funny it was. Well, so to speak, I tuned in for a while to see what Frank's character was supposed to be. He's a good actor, BTW. Unknowingly, I had already been watching for 30 minutes! Boy, with this short attention span, no uninteresting show would last five minutes when I'm watching. I've got to admit, Shei was right. Again. Perhaps she's the only one (aside from Joanna) who can recommend a show and actually succeed into letting me like it so much. Nga pala, namimiss na kita Sheilah Marie Velasco. Haha.
Now, another fandom begins for me. And just in time for Christmas! What about the show this time? Well, aside from the appealing lead, James Roday (*cough* =P), his character Shawn Spencer has this uncanny ability to see everything around him. In short, he has a keen eye sight for observation (much like House, but for Shawn it's given more emphasis). But what's more interesting than that is his cunning ability to put things together, from the observations he has gathered. As I've told my father, it's not only how he can see everything, but also it's how he can make it all out into something. =D
The show is funny AND makes you think at the same time, as it is a comedy-mystery series. Kind of like House, Doctor Who and CSI. (If you're older I'd relate Perry Mason as well.)
Wow, now I'm seeing a pattern! In my favorite shows that is. Perhaps that's one of the reasons why I can't keep up with teens and young adults today. All they watch are Lost, Heroes, Grey's Anatomy, Friday Night Lights, Prison Break, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill. Not me. But I'm not criticizing these shows. I just don't like them, is all.
All I know is I'm looking forward to more House, Doctor Who, The Office, Whose Line and Psych. I love my life. Haha. XD
Once again, the writer of this post (and blog) is apologizing for yet another not-so-important post. She didn't mean to be so shallow (even if she thinks she is not) and so happy-go-lucky-ish. And sounding so fangirly. And stupid. And crazy. But then again, it's the only way she can cope up with living like this and can have fun, so please try to understand. Thank you.
"I'm glad I met you" @ 10:04 PM |