Wednesday, February 20, 2008
two years and counting
Okay, so I didn't reach my quota of 100 posts a year. Unlike last year, I think I skipped more or less two months without posting anything AT ALL, and it sucks that I'm 40 posts behind of what I had done for last year.
But the 160th post celebration still counts, right?
Kidding aside, I guess it doesn't matter how many posts I've already written in here. What matters is how LONG this blog has been up and running. Would you believe that I've had this blog since I was in third year high school?
And so...
HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY BLOG!
Even I can't believe that this thing would last longer than a year, but since I've already said that
last year, I guess I'll just say that this might last longer than I originally thought.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Well, since I couldn't think of putting something here that's special (and different) enough for its birthday, methinks there should be at least a review of my year after the blog's first birthday.
March 2007: Okay, up to this point, I was REALLY obsessed of American Idol Season 2 (Clay Aiken's season, unsurprisingly), and I couldn't stop myself after that. Haha. Oh,
Joanna's Simply-Authentic blog also turned one, and another blog was born:
Shei's Geek in the Pink. Although I think that's not its name anymore. Haha. Something about chocolates, right? (Forgive me, CSAT. Haha.) And I became officially obsessed on Doctor Who (David Tennant! XD). Lastly, I got so emotional (Don't like using the term "emo" by the way) about graduation, especially that I didn't get to tell someone how much they're important to me. Oh well.
April 2007: To put it all simply, my "combined" obsession of Clay Aiken and David Tennant just went on, and on, and on. Since many celebrated their birthdays...I greeted them all. Bwahahaha. Oh and coincidentally, just weeks after I've discovered the incredible talent that is David Tennant, his birthday happens to fall on April, so I greeted him the same way I greeted RSL. And of course, the most special one of them all, I greeted Mr. Ryan Lee Stiles the same way as Mr. Colin Andrew Mochrie.
May 2007: Sadly, I didn't get to post during this month because (1) I was in the States for the best vacation there so far; (2) Upon getting back, the next day I had to attend DLSU Freshmen LPEP; (3) After that, I had an operation to remove ALL my wisdom teeth; and (4) Our classes started on this month as well. But of course, I wish I could've posted something in between, just to update everyone of what special moments were there.
June 2007: Again, I hadn't posted anything during this month. Perhaps if I did, many would know where my "secret admiration" was aimed at. Nevertheless, it was a chaotic turn of events for me as I tried hard to so-called "adjust" at my college life. But really, I never had a hard time. (What a lame month.)
July 2007: Well, what do you know? I posted once and all it contained was what happened for the past two months I hadn't been posting. That's it. If you're asking, yes, I was still struggling about my situation at this point. maybe that's why I didn't know what to talk about exactly.
August 2007: I made a "comeback" by greeting A LOT of people in three different posts, while admitting I was miserable about my non-existent love life and talking about my current obsession, which was The Office. Although I wrote four posts during this month, it wasn't really what would be expected of my own blog. Am I right, or am I not?
September 2007: My real comeback began during this month by posting a staggering 13 entries. I FINALLY talked about my most recent vacation in the States, and how my fangirliness affected that a whole lot. And then, I moved on with talking about my ex-crush (HAHA. XD), my much-harder struggle with whatever that was (I deliberately forget) I had experienced, and my college life so far. I also talked about how cursed I seemed when it came to love (I'll let you look for that post). I didn't think I was on a posting spree come September.
October 2007: Of course, since THIS is my blog, I always allow myself to be biased whenever I want to. This is my month, after all. First post off, and I was already pissed off. Haha. Don't ask with whom though. You wouldn't believe me if I told you. Then, going onto a much happier mood, I greeted my fellow Librans (Greggy!) and someone who influenced the way I currently see life. And if I'm lucky, he'll be able to change how I see life completely, for the rest of my life. I also acknowledged Yoko Ono's Imagine Peace on John Lennon's birthday, Brokeback Mountain (RIP Heath Ledger), which made me cry and of course, a squee-worthy House/Wilson moment.
November 2007: I loved this month just because FINALLY I was staying away from the thing that constantly made me miserable. How so? By going into my hopeless-romantic-slash-obsessive tendencies, of course! I had learned much about life and myself during this month, and I couldn't forget the fact that BOTH Colin Mochrie and Clay Aiken had their birthdays on the same day. Hurray!
December 2007: Well, let's just say I got mad at someone and then forgave him two weeks later. Then you'll probably understand what I wrote during this month. Oh, and I started loving Psych as well! I love love love James Roday as Shawn Spencer.
January 2008: I told everyone that every time I go on vacation, my blog also goes on a vacation. The case is same during this month. It wasn't until the 20th that I got to post something new about my vacation (a.k.a. my obsessions). Then I greeted AJ, RP and Nick, and I posted a poem.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
As I conclude my 2nd anniversary post, I'd just like to greet...
Brian Littrell a Happy Birthday!
I've said it before and I'll say it again: You're the reason why I'm a music freak, why I have faith and why I believe now that I should really never take life too seriously. Of course, can I ever forget how much blessed you are? You STILL deserve everything you get and receive. Take care on your world tour with the Boys, and surely take care of baby Baylee for me. Don't worry, if I had money, I'd really buy the Wylee bags of your wife. Trust me on that.
If I had one wish that involved you, perhaps I'd wish that you sing one song for me. I'd be the happiest girl on earth. I just want to hear that heavenly sent voice.
"I'm glad I met you" @ 10:45 PM |