Sunday, May 18, 2008
what now?
I was actually feeling emo-ish earlier [
Damn you, @#*$~!!] or rather, sentimental, when I read this 'group date' magazine interview (
Popolo May 2008 issue) of
Arashi.
And as I had expected, they'd rather sing
A.RA.SHI together as a group on karaoke than pay attention to their dates. [Actually, I just made that up, but it's not entirely impossible. The boys said they'd be fully involved in doing the song anyway. XD]
So back to my rant-ish. Now that Arashi has cheered me up in a way, I don't think I want to write my sentimental post now. Or should I still try? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
(After 10 minutes...)
YOSH! I know what to do. I'll write a story,
like this one, only this time it's based on a song. [Isn't that like a
songfic? XD] And because I want to hear Nino's ever-so cute voice, I'll use
Himitsu as my basis. Harharhar.
To help you dear reader, lyrics and translations
here. :DDDD
[And to help myself, THIS SONG IS NOT MINE. BELONGS TO ARASHI AND ITS RESPECTIVE COMPOSER/LYRISCIST. I'M JUST WISHING IT WERE. DDDDD:]
I saw her again. He quickly recalled; it had already been three months since the first time he'd seen her walk by in front of him as he was eating his lunch. There she was again. He felt lucky even for just that simple thing.
I don't know why I like her. It's like a dream.Their "secret" first meeting happened when he was having his usual lunch at that small cafe. It seemed that the cafe's sidewalk was the pathway this beautiful girl walked every single day. At that time, he noticed he was staring at her, especially when she looked back... and smiled.
What beautiful eyes. And I bet no one smiles as wonderfully as she does.But that moment never existed again. Although he didn't believe in all of that 'love at first sight' shenanigans, something told him that she was someone he shouldn't easily forget about. And that was the reason why he kept it to himself during those three months. Being a man, he somehow wanted to save himself from the embarrassment of thinking of her as his only strength, although in truth, she was both his strength and weakness, ironically.
Can I finally tell her how I feel?He had thought about various ways on how to confront her and confess to her: giving a letter to her, presenting flowers, incidentally bumping into her. Finally having the courage, he had even asked his friends, who all told him that he was too messed up to be thinking too much about her.
Is it that bad to think too much of her? I think it's the best thing.Surely enough, this didn't prevent him from doing what he wanted. As ridiculous and blunt as his ideas might seem, he tried them all. On the first day, he "mailed" a letter to her; since he didn't know much about her except her daily route to work, he asked cafe manager to give the letter he consciously wrote the moment she passed by. All she said to the manager was a simple 'thank you' and left. Sadly he didn't receive any response from her about that letter.
Did she really read my letter? Why didn't she say anything else? It took me quite a long time to say everything what I wanted to. It just hurt that she stayed silent.
"This definitely isn't an illusion. Your eyes alone can be this dazzling.
If I can fix anything, I want to use the power of my raised hands and give it to you."He tried another one: he again asked the cafe manager (who was surprisingly eager to do it for him again) to give her flowers. She was surely stunned, judging from the expression on her face. He watched her every move; this time, she actually stayed for a while, subtly attempting to look for the culprit. As much as he wanted to shout out to the entire world that he was the one who had done that gesture, he couldn't, for his instincts tell him that he'd just be embarrassed again. After a few more minutes, she finally left. The manager just told him she wanted to meet her "secret admirer", without saying much, again.
What did she say? Meet me? What if she told me "I'm sorry"? Surely I wouldn't be able to take that well. I guess I have to then, don't I? Eventually I'll do it anyway. If I could just muster up more courage...
"My only wish is to incidentally bump into you,
But, even to this day, you still haven't noticed the embarassment I go through."Maybe it was one of his luckiest days. She actually considered to have lunch at the cafe. Whether she intended it or not (so that she could meet him), he didn't care much. She was peacefully eating her tuna sandwich with her occasionally glances at the main door. She then called a waiter and asked for her bill; on her way to the cashier's table, he was getting his coffee, unknowingly with her beside him. His back turned on her, he heard her humming. It was the most beautiful tune he had heard. He knew it was her, but then he carelessly turned around and bumped into her. Indeed a lucky incidental bump.
"Ah, sorry about that!" he blurted out carelessly, after realizing who it was. "I really didn't know you were there!"
She chuckled softly, "Boy, are you really nervous! It's okay. I'm careless sometimes too."
It was the first time he heard her speak. He had felt every timbre of it and considered it as maybe one of the last times he'd hear that voice. He couldn't help but pessimistic even at a time like this; after all, she didn't say anything the other two times, right?
A thump in his chest. The one that told him that it's not the same as before. The one that told him that he could now say anything, and nothing would go wrong. Not even the feelings he had trouble expressing.
This definitely isn't an illusion."Ah, that could be right, couldn't it?" he attempted to smile at her. "By the way--"
"Did you really write those letters? And gave that bouquet?"
"Eh?" he was surprised she had known it was him. Really, really surprised. "Y-yeah, but h-how--?"
"The manager told me," she smiled finally. "He said I shouldn't let you know right away, but then waiting for you is killing me. Good thing you finally had the right moment to say everything you want to."
"So..." he hesitated. "...your answer?"
"Of course. It's not like everyday I find and have someone to tell me that I'm always perfect every time, right?"
This definitely isn't an illusion. It's only something that you know,
that you and I can understand. I don't need anything. Just being able to see you is good enough.
When I'm with you, my heart certainly starts to race.
I take your hand, and I understand everything.=-=-=-=-=-=
P.S. Was supposed to post it last Friday but due to my crappy internet connection, I couldn't. Then I had to leave yesterday because of a family friend affair and a concert. Btw, the con rocks.
I wish I could see Arashi there one day. :D
"I'm glad I met you" @ 11:57 PM |