Saturday, May 09, 2009
夢のために!
...is Jenny's new favorite motto, inspired by her ichiban's Kamiyama.
/random
So okay. Am supposed to talk about my first week at work right?
FINE. XD
Monday:First day. I was nervous
as hell, thinking about all the things I should expect on my work. Since there was a week turn-over for my position (Employee Relations Trainee), I knew I wouldn't exactly get lost on what to do around there.
Actually, I had three orientations, one by HR recruitment--on being a student trainee per se, and another two separate ones by my boss, Ms. Marese--about HR in general and about Employee Relations specifically. And then nothing else except for filling necessary forms for HR. For some weird reason, I was surprisingly
very tired when I got home. I actually even cried when everyone else in my condo was asleep. I guess that's normal--
I hope--to feel overwhelmed like I did.
Tuesday:Started getting the real feel of being a trainee, which basically has a lot of tasks under hand. And one of the unique things about my job is that I'm the one in charge of the execution of the "Summer Dependent Programs"--a set of workshops for the children of the employees. In other words, I am also the one in charge with their food and other concerns. And I tell you, these kids can be MONSTROUS. *facepalm*
Also, I met a lot of people! (Like
Kuya Jorge, for instance. ["Kuya" is the Filipino term for
Oniisan. :D] My boss told me he could be trusted with anything, haha.) Obviously being in HR entails this kind of opportunity, so I'd have to cave in for some people, and that means I'd also have to do away with my anti-social tendencies for a while. LOL.
Wednesday-Friday:My real work started, for real. (Redundancy intended.) My boss already started giving me the usual tasks I'd be handling for three months last Wednesday, and she's also given me new tasks (aside from the ones that my
senpai intern turned-over to me).
Overall:I already expected that this job would be
very busy and might cause a lot of pressure put on me--even my boss told me that in my interview. But I've always disregarded the meaning of "pressure" anyway (not kidding), and I know I'll get through this, just one step at a time.
Besides, I couldn't imagine getting the job of my classmate, being in the Management Development division. (I only found out this week that she was my workstation-mate! Which is totally awesome.)
So there. I advise my
kouhais who are still going to school: ENJOY SCHOOL. Goodness. This is why I've loved studying/going to school all my life rather than to having work right away. Although, now my only wish left is to have a high grade in this OJT stint. *crosses fingers*
Since I haven't had the time to check my flist (I swear though that I'll do that tomorrow, since it's still the weekend ;D), all I'm busy doing now is watching
The Quiz Show--especially that my friend Jenny has requested me to (she's too tired of her work, that poor girl) and.
Reading/writing fan fiction.In fact, aside from posting that
Jun-centric fic a few days ago (and getting awesome feedback! ♥), I'm reading a lot (and I mean
A LOT) of them now. I seriously don't know why I'm such in a major fic mode lately.
So... if you still have other fic recommendations, I'll gladly take those suggestions/recommendations, just for fun! :D
I'm already planning on posting one (or two) of my old fanfics in
the arashirabu comm, just to get the general fan feedback. Hee. :3 AND AND AND. I have another one in the works. :D :D :D
Don't expect much though, I'm still working my way with how it will actually go, because it's kind of an experiment. :) If you would just
bribe me wait for that to finish (and hope that I don't fail), then it's going to be posted here eventually, lol.
Oh and random:
Arashi has taught me to write one-shots.Even with my old fandoms (though not abandoned :D), like House, Whose Line and other minor fandoms, I always write in full-length fics, chapter-type. It's just amusing that somehow, Arashi made me explore other forms of fan fiction.
And honestly? It took me more than a month since I'd entered the fandom to write an Arashi fanfic. It's long for me. And it's a bit frustrating too, since I couldn't think of a
damn plot bunny.
Please bribe me with some and I'll gladly write it Now I've been writing Arashi fics for a year! Yay! *unnecessary flailing*
Finally, just for the heck of it, another meme carefully got from Sandy the Penguin which I love forever and ever. ♥
Photography meme!
Ask me to take pictures of any aspect of my life that you're interested in or curious about. It can be anything from my favourite shirt to my cell phone (and now, including my work desk XD). Leave your requests as a comment to this entry, and I'll snap the pictures and post them as soon as I can. Now I can't wait for Justin Timberlake guesting on SNL. I get to see Bill again! *spazzes*
"I'm glad I met you" @ 11:30 PM |